Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ingredients


Old Foodie had a great idea. She suggested I list the ingredients I have to work with in the coming week's personal challenge. Then, perhaps, if anyone were so inclined, they might suggest a recipe to use with the ingredients I have on hand.

So, without further auido... auideu.. whatever, here is what I have on hand:

Cupboard:

The usual suspects - canned corn, green beans, asparagus, beets, sauerkraut, peas, pizza sauce, enchilada sause (green and red), canned soup, pasta, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (with various spices - Italian, Spanish and plain), potatoes, one sweet potato, garlic, pears, pineapple, orzo, rice, packaged potato mixes, spaghetti sauce, various pickles and condiments and (of course) spices.

Refrigerator:

Eggs, milk (I will, of course, replace milk as needed), salsa, carrots, celery, asparagus, parsnips, radishes, wine, opened jars of pickles, salsa, jelly, half and half, relishes, horseradish, mayo, mustard, ketchup and salad dressings.

Freezer:

Who the hell knows!!! Fish, for sure (haddock, cod and others), shrimp, crab, scallops, vegetables (lots of different kinds), nuts, flour, raisins, ginger, frozen soups, lots of different vegetables (home grown and otherwise), sausages (andioulle and summer), peppers, rhubarb, various cheeses. (I realize I've repeated vegetables - that's my problem.)

As you can see, I have the makings for many, many meals. They might not all be meat based, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. So, dear readers, any suggestions?

P.S. Ok... all right! I mispelled peas! LOL Got to admit, it was funny though. Now... give me your recipe, smart alec!

2 comments:

The Old Foodie said...

Hi Sally - I love this idea. It seems you may have started a big project for a lot of people. For my first suggestion, how about a quick cassoulet-type dish with some canned beans and corn, sausage, and a tomato-ey sauce?

Sally said...

Yum! That sounds good! The only sausage that's risen to the top of the freezer is Andouille Sausage, but with black beans and corn this might just work! Thanks O.F.!