Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tragedy

I apologize for my lack of posts recently. Our small town has had a double tragedy - two men have been killed in less than a week of each other. Two women, two friends, have been suddenly left alone. Steve died June 9 when the semi he was driving crashed full-speed into another semi, killing both drivers. The day he was buried (June 17), Dean was driving his tractor out to cultivate his field and was hit by a train. His funeral is today.

Every wife is thinking the same thing. The town is reeling with shock. Both men were much loved by many, many people. I can't really think of much else to say.

5 comments:

Ivonne said...

Oh, Sally!

My thoughts are with you.

Sally said...

Thank you Ivonne... my thoughts are with the widow. I can't even image.....

The Old Foodie said...

As you said, Sally, it is impossible to imagine the grief ... love to the town

Joe Pastry said...

We all miss you Sally. Come back soon.

Joe Pastry said...

We all miss you Sally. Come back soon.