Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Ain't technology grand?
If you want to keep listening and surfing, just click on the Pop Out Player part and it goes onto your task bar. Cool beans! The player here on my site only plays six out of the 70-some songs I have loaded.
And, yes - I know that I have weird taste in music. Some of the songs on the pop-out player might not really be safe for work. I'm just saying.
Update 10-3-08: Oh, oh, oh!! I just discovered that all my songs are there, you just can't scroll down to them and (apparently) it doesn't play in random order on here either. So, if you want to see the rest, click on the last song and browse until you find something interesting. I REPEAT: some songs are NSW ("Dear Penis" by Rodney Carrington comes to mind).
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Remember back in April (!!?!!) when I said we were going to rip out the carpet? (BUHAHAHAHAHA... *choke* *sputter*.) Yea, well, we finally got around to doing it in June. It was a nasty, smelly, stinky, yucky job. Luckily we have really, really good friends that were kind enough to (get talked into) help us. We couldn't have done it without Della and Jay and Bettina and Gary. And, of course, since I've discovered SmileBox, I just had to make another slide show. Wanna see? Ok.
|Make a Smilebox slideshow|
I told you it was pretty nasty. Then, of course we had to decide what to put down for flooring. After seeing how horrible the carpet was, I was really really hesitant about laying down more. My heart was set on hard wood, but my pocketbook couldn't stand the pressure. So we compromised and got laminate.Here's Mark laying our new laminate floor. I like how it is going to just open up both rooms. And here's Dean and a friend installing the quarter-round along the baseboards. Right now. I mean, they're still here.
Pretty cool, huh? Now I just have to touch up the paint and I'll be done. Whew! But, it was worth it. Every minute and every penny. I haven't had to use my rescue inhaler once since we got that carpet out of the house. Don and I just feel better!
And this had been this summer's remodeling project. Thank God it's over!
Monday, September 22, 2008
I got some good photos while the guys were cooking yesterday and I thought you might like to see them. Plus - I learned how to use Smile Box (I think)! So, without further ado, and for your entertainment only, heeeeeere's JAY!
|Make a Smilebox slideshow|
Sunday, September 07, 2008
A really great list that I got from Reenie. I don't do everything on this list. But I do quite a lot of it. Enjoy!
40 Tips for a Better Life
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR, tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books.
7. Make time to relax every day. That provides us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the negative blues away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. You are too blessed to be stressed!
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Take time each morning to talk with the Higher Power of your understanding.
39. Remember, the Universe has a Plan for Your Life.
40. Forward this to everyone you care about. I just did by posting it here!