Friday, February 10, 2006

Snowy February

Ok. It can stop snowing now! The big, beautiful flakes I was raving about three days ago turned into a full-blown blizzard. It might have been peaceful watching it out my window, but driving 100 miles in a snow storm to pick up my grandson for a three day visit sucks. Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive. I ended up coming home on gravel roads for the traction. Some of the drifts I had to drive through made me glad I had a pickup.

Actually, whining aside, it was really cool. Out in the country, everything blurred by the blowing snow, it was almost surreal. I saw deer, hawks, pheasants. I drove down pristine snow-covered roads where I was the only thing moving. Could that have been one of those "moments" I have been waxing so elequently about? Think so.

The weather guys say this is supposed to keep up for the next couple of days. Snow showers they call it. Showers my ass! Q may not make it back to school on Monday... I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!

Sometimes I forget how beautiful snow is ...

Sally said...

What? You don't get snow????!!! I thought ALL of Canada gets snow!